Baikoh is a word tetris game that tests your vocabulary skills. No, it doesn’t mean you would need a dictionary in order to beat this game. You just need some basic words and the fastest hands clicking and swiping for this. There is no time limit on the game but you would need to clear the board before its game over. Tiles will fall from time to time. If you don’t act quickly enough, the board will be full before you know it.
If you are into playing word games then this game is another alternative to your list of apps. It’s a mix of a casual game with a bit of competitiveness. There is a score that you need to achieve before moving up to a new level. The higher the level, the more difficult the challenge is.
You can play solo, zen and versus. You can also choose some challenges to make the word game challenging. There are a lot of options to choose from so basically, it is just not some other word game.
As previously mention, you need to clear the board. There is a warning on your screen if your board is almost full. You better clear it up or else game over.
One thing to keep in mind is that if you get a wrong word (Yes, that’s right. This game does check if your word is valid or not), you will get tons of tiles that you need to clear out so that the board will not get full.
- We like creating 3 words since there are a lot of 3 words in the dictionary. However, the long words are best because it will clear the board a lot faster.
The game graphics are good enough to make you want to play. Although if your screen is too small, you might get crossed eyed looking for the letters.
One thing that frustrates us is the fact that we think that we clicked on the right tile but it turns out, it was not the right one. So yes, we get penalized because the word is wrong. So be careful!
These are the disturbance that makes your board interesting. They cause additional delays in clearing your board.
- The big block is a big block that drops on your board. The only way to clear this is to tap it as fast as you can so that it will disappear.
- The frozen tiles are tiles that are frozen and needs to be used twice so that it will be cleared.
- The disappearing tile is a tile that is like a virus. It’s hidden and would spread it’s “hidden”ness to other tiles. Better to clear this out before all your tiles disappear. The only way to show this is by clicking on it.
There are challenges you can choose from if you don’t want to do a normal word game clearing board routine. But of course, for the challenges, these are time limited.
- BAIKOH says – is like a game of Simons says but only it will give you as to what word you should find.
- Dictation – is a search on the board game. The game gives you a word and all you have to do is find it.
- Word List – the game has a list of words that you need to find on the board before the time ends. If the word is not in the list then it will not be accepted.
- No repeat is a same tile board but you cannot repeat the word that you already submitted.
- Bombs – has a bomb on the board and if you cannot clear the bomb 3 times, it’s game over.
We admit we got hooked on the zen mode. It took us almost 2 hours before the game ended. We recommend this game to those people who are really competitive. There is that satisfying feeling that you can almost clear the board but… don’t.
Level: 12 (possibly)
Platform: iOS and Android
Developer: Mum Not Proud
Test your word skills and vocabulary before your board fills up.